Thursday, May 9, 2013

Butterflies and Mastodons

Cassandra in research mode...

by Lily Mason, 4th Grade


One day we were going to have a field trip to the Nature and Science Museum in Denver.  When we got there we had lunch.  Then we went to the IMAX movie theater at the museum.  We watched a movie called Flight of the Butterflies.  It was awesome!  The next thing we did was go with our group and look around. My group went to the space place first then the gems and minerals.  The next thing we went to a special place that was the Mammoths and Mastodons.  It was awesome!  My favorite thing was the saber-tooth tiger. I took a picture by it. Then when it was over we went to the animal place. Then we went to the dinosaur place.  Then we went to the gift shop.  The things there were way overpriced… On the way home we went to Wendy’s.  I hope to go again!



by Misty Burdges, 4th Grade



The authors (right and center) with Kadyn. 

The 4-6 field trip was SO MUCH FUN!!  First we drove there. I rode with my dad, Lily’s mom, Lily, and Dezi.  We had so much fun in the car!  It took awhile to get there.  When we got there, my dad and I forgot out lunch, and bought pizza, a pretzel, Mtn. Dew, and root beer.  We saw Mammoths and Mastodons, Wildlife, and rocks and minerals.  We watched a movie at IMAX.  It was about butterflies.
Tori captures a moment overseen by a ? (big bird!)
Three butterflies came out of nowhere and popped in my face!  We saw lots of things.  A security guard came up to me and asked if I was a superstar!  He asked me to give him an autograph!  …Stuff at the gift shop was expensive. On the way we went to Wendy’s. The trip to the Denver museum was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment